One of the first things we do when we are working with businesses and individuals in our Jeff City Social Media classes who are beginning or struggling with social media is look at their profile set ups.
While it may be easy to set up accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the other platforms, it is sometimes difficult for some to take the necessary first steps to create a positive first impression. Here are five items to consider doing when setting up your accounts:
1. Use a professional photo or logo for your profile photo
2. Set up a ‘handle’ or account name which represents yourself or your company
3. Fill out all the questions on the Facebook profile questions
4. Be sure to set up your geographic location on your profiles so local customers and audiences can find you
5. Include hashtags of keywords related to your work in your Twitter and Instagram bios
Stay tuned here on the blog, on our Facebook page, and to our tweets for dozens of tips a week to help you improve as a social media communicator!