- I mention our previous “How to live tweet a public meeting” post. There is the link.
- Be dang sure you are plugged into the official hashtag of the event, the local geographic area, and keywords so you # the right terms.
- A tool we use to monitor conversation at events, outside of Hootsuite, is HashAtIt.com. Check it out.
- Be sure to go through and favorite and follow the other folks in the room who are tweeting the same event.
- While you can “live tweet” on Facebook, it is not recommended. Your friends and family don’t want to see 100 tweets about the insurance seminar you are attending. Your Twitter followers, which are probably more professional, will be more interested.
- Be sure to tweet photos from the events, even if you are not in them. The old adage, “pics or it didn’t happen,” still has truth to it.
Live Tweet Your Meetings, Events, & Experiences
If you are hosting or attending conferences, events, even concerts, you should be active on social media during those events to reach audiences, build relationships, and offer value to the audiences you already have. Watch the video above to get your act together!
Other thoughts and links:
Thanks for reading and be feel free to reach out to me anytime!